Bhramari Pranayama is made from the hindi word “Bhramar” that means bumble Bee and Pranayama is breathing so as a whole it is known as a ‘bee breath’. The sound, which is produced also resembles the humming sound of the bee. Bhramari Pranayama edges in reducing high vital sign, fatigue, and mental stress and also is one of the greatest breathing exercise to release the mind of anxiety and frustration. It is a simple breathing technique and can be practiced anywhere at work or home, as an instant option to de- stress yourself.
Step-by-step to Bhramri breathing:
1. Sit on the floor, bend your knees and direct them to the front of the torso. Rest your elbows on your knees and plug your ears with the ends of your thumbs. Pull the spine up and try to relax your shoulders, neck and face as much as possible.
2. Close your eyes and point the thoughts inwards your body, toward the abdomen, heart, esophagus and the head. Inhale slowly and when exhaling perform humming long sound with your lips. Continue for several minutes.
3. Exhale should be much longer than inhale but try to perform each as slow as possible. Do not go too fast with the next inhalation, focus on the breathing and do it with the full concentration and awareness.
4. Bring your attention to the buzzing sound. Modify it if you wish until you find the one best for you and feel the vibration of the sound in your brain.
5. When you finish, sit quietly with your eyes closed for sometime and observe how the vibrating sound affects your body.